What’s all the FIZZ about?
Demonstrating superior capabilities by aligning your Pitch with your customer’s business opportunities.
You come to better answers by engaging the customer and asking the right questions. Align the Pitch to authenticated market insights and business opportunities to demonstrate that your Agency is the one to move forward with.
1. Client Brief
The Need – ‘This international beverage manufacturer seeks the right Agency partner to take on the Australasian big boys and assist them with continued product and brand development, innovation and BTL communications. How can we best demonstrate our winning Agency capabilities to this growing beverage industry player?’
The Context – A leading player in the Australasian non-CSD beverage market with significant market share and growth in the Functional Drinks and Water category segments, this beverage customer has an over-arching strategy of continued growth of share of mouth. It was seeking to fulfill its strategic goals via leadership through functional innovation, using its pillar brands to own markets and by focusing on changing consumer needs and market innovation to deliver new brands.
- Background research to understand the categories domestically & overseas – insights
- Senior Executive interviews to understand and define the business issues, drivers and high level strategy moving forward
- Segmentation analysis across products, markets, customers & competitors – high level portfolio analysis, competitive positioning and relative advantage of each player & category offer
- Stage 1 workshops to understand consumer expectations, market dynamics, brand positioning and territories, explore issues, identify opportunities and future needs
- Stage 2 workshops to develop opportunity blueprints and concept briefs
- Brainstorming of solutions and opportunities – ideation and creative concept development
- Prioritized concept opportunities for the Pitch
3. Findings & Recommendations
- Total of 19 concept opportunities identified based on fit with customer business strategy
- Total of 12 concepts shortlisted and developed specifically for the Pitch – across a range of opportunities involving new product innovation, improved branding and communications, consumer targeting, consumption occasions, packaging and merchandising effectiveness
- Pitch Won – Agency commended on understanding the customers business and demonstrating the relative capability and thinking which would be needed to drive the overall business strategy
- 3 year tender signed and begun – including the immediate adoption of 6 of the 12 identified opportunities